Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tag...I'm It...

The thanks goes to Mad About Plaid Girl who tagged me. Now I am suppose to write five random things about myself...Only five? Too many random things to choose from! Not sure if I can take the pressure this late at night. Let me take another sip of my yummy Greek tea and collect my random thoughts...

(1) I hate tomatoes. Hate the taste and texture, but love the smell of fresh grown tomatoes on the vine. How weird is that?!?! But when I was pregnant with my daughters, I ate tomatoes like crazy. After the hormones settled down again, back to hating them.

(2) Have to glance in and around the toilet before I use it...even at home. I am afraid that a snake will be there, ready to strike me on my lily-white bottom...or a deadly spider under the seat that will kill me in days because of it deadly toxin! Those Urban Legends have really got me messed up!

(3) One of my favorite toys when I was a preschooler was a rubber alligator that squeaked. Because of that, I decided to become a Florida Gator! When I was in high school, I would have Florida Gator Week and wear nothing but Orange & Blue outfits. Loved the Gators so much that I told my high school boyfriend that I would break up with him if he didn't accept the football scholarship to UF. He went, played, and graduated...and I had a blast hanging out with the team. (And get your minds out of the gutter...I was and still am a "good" girl)

(4) Driving relaxes me. From the day I earned my license, I have taken drives to calm down and / or de-stress. I usually volunteer to drive whenever I go out with friends or family...and even make my husband ride shotgun. That drives him nuts! Cannot take random drives anymore because of the horrible cost of gas right now...so I have to think of another way to relax myself.

(5) I cannot take a shower without cleaning it. I am usually scrubbing down the walls while I shampoo and condition my hair. Then I spray down the glass enclosure before I step out. It just seems so much easier to clean it while I am cleaning myself.

O.K. Did I pick some good "random" things about me? Do you think I am a complete nut job?

OK...now it is my turn to tag some other bloggers that I "stalk" on a regular basis.

My Favorite Oppolds

My Favorite Gozdieskis

The Adventures of Maverick & The Mrs

The Preppy Lizard

And I am also going to tag my dear friend, Susan, who lives in Scotland. She doesn't blog (yet), but she reads my blog all the time. We have been friends for so many years that I've lost count. Love you! This should give you something fun to do at work! Hug Russ & Cara for me.

Have fun ladies!

8 comments:

Kate said...

4- me too! I can't wait to drive around when I get back to the states!

The Oppold Family: said...

You couldn't tag me for the easy questions..oh no, I have to put some thought into mine. Ugh!

Kristi said...

I love driving too. Whenever we go anywhere, I always do the driving and hubby always sleeps. It has been that way for 12 years and running.

Preppy Lizard said...

I hate tomatoes too! I'll start thnking of 5 werid things about me and post them.

Justabeachkat said...

That was fun to read. Your random things don't seem too random or weird to me since I do some of them myself :-)

Hugs!
Kat

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

#5-Me too! I always clean the shower when I am in it.

Haute Mama said...

Thanks for the tag. Check the blog for my five random facts! I too dislike tomatoes, but I like ketchup, pasta sauce, pizza sauce, etc. Weird. For me it's the texture of the tomatoe. Ella LOVES them, esp. the little cherry/grape ones!

Pink in a sea of blue said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't like tomatoes either, but while pregnant ate pints of grape tomatoes all the time!