Thursday, May 1, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request




In my "BB" (Before Blog) days, I would have sent out an e-mail to all of my e-mail friends. Now that I am firmly entrenched in the Blogging World, I am going to try sending a Prayer Request via post.

If you are able to say a prayer(s) for this family, it would be greatly appreciated. If you would prefer not to pray, then have some good thoughts and strong wishes for them.

~~~

I received this prayer request from my father. As a mom of a relatively "new" baby, my heart is going out to this mom. I cannot imagine being in one hospital while my newborn baby is in another one fighting for his life!

~~~


Please pray for the newborn son of a young couple from our church. His name
is Mateo (sp) and his parents' names are Mel and Tanya. Shortly
after his birth this morning, a heart problem was detected and he was rushed
to another hospital for surgery. He was born 8 lb 1 oz.

This is all the information I have at this time. Please pray for baby Mateo
and his parents. It must be very difficult for the child and his parents.
The mother is in one hospital her child in another. The father is torn
between two hospitals and two people he loves.

Again, please pray for them.

We know our God is all powerful and we need to ask for his healing hand on
this child.

Jan


~~~

This e-mail was sent out two days ago. The most recent update I have is that the mom is recovering in the delivery hospital and will hopefully be released soon to join her husband at their son's bedside. Her room has been filled with friends and church members who are helping with her comfort and recovery while her husband has been with their baby.

The heart problem with the baby involves one of the valves. It is apparently too small and deformed. Surgery was immediately preformed to repair / replace it. I am still waiting for an update on his status.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I just ran across your blog and read your prayer request post...I will say a prayer. I hope that everything turns out for the best!!

Joanna said...

I am still praying that all goes and will go well!

Caffeine Court said...

I will pray for baby Mateo and his family. Please keep us updated on his progress!