Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday - Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches

So last week when I was taking a ride on the Blog Train, I came across this blog that has a Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Thought it was a great idea because not only am I always looking for new recipes to try, but sometimes this blog just needs a different type of post.

So, here is my current favorite recipe.

~~~

Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches
(from Campbell's Kitchen)

Prep Time: 15 min. Cook Time: 8 hr. Stand Time: 10 min.

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 1/2- to 4-pound boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's(R) Condensed French Onion Soup
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
12 round sandwich rolls or hamburger rolls, split

Directions:

Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook
until it is well browned on all sides.

Stir the soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add
the pork and turn to coat.

Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the pork is fork-tender.
Remove the pork from the cooker to a cutting board and let stand for 10
minutes. Using 2 forks, shred the pork. Return the pork to the cooker.
Divide the pork and sauce mixture among the rolls.

*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.

~~

The kids love it and it is so easy!

6 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Yum. I can't wait to try it. These days, my favorite meals are cooked in the slow cooker. So, thanks. I am so glad you joined us today and that you found me on the Blog Train. I hope you will make this apart of your regular Tuesday routine :o)

Deanna said...

Easy AND kids like it? That is definitely a winning combination!! Can't wait to try it!

Lana said...

I LOVE my crock pot so you know this is going on my list of things to try. Thanks for joining the TMTT fun.

Yellow Beads said...

I love to cook pulled BBQ pork on the slow cooker--I do it once a week! But I really like the McCormick season pack for the slower cooker. Have you tried it?

Genuine Lustre said...

Hello Scarlett - at last, I find your blog! What an adorable family you have. I'm your partner for the online baby shower. Please email me at sewliturgicalATgmail.com.

Anonymous said...

I've already printed it out and we are having it this week. It will be perfect after a long day at work and coming home STARVED from the gym. One thing tha I could never survive without is my crock pot and Reyonld's Slow Cooker liners. Totally mandatory! If you haven't tried them, I recommend them highly! Lisa