Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Am My Husband's Hero.

I just "saved" him from a black racer snake that were on our back patio.



Picture this is your mind...me with a full oven mitt and extra long cooking tongs...chasing a snake around the patio. Not a pretty sight...but I was successful. The snake is gone.

I could have sworn that we lived in the suburbs, not the backwoods. In less than a months time, we have had visits from a freaky frog, a rambunctious raccoon, and now a sneaky snake. I am almost afraid to ask what stopping by next!

11 comments:

BLC :o said...

OMG!!! Good catch there. Xoxo-BLC

Sandra said...

You are a BRAVER girl than I!!! Good grief!!

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

After seeing all the critters you have run into lately I am dying to know where you live! Snakes, Spiders and Racoons! Oh My! Thanks for listing Lazy Moms in your sidebar!

Unknown said...

The only good snake is a dead snake.

Yellow Beads said...

Are you sure we are not neighbors!?! lol. I hate the damn black racers. I had one in my house one time, grwl!

Lisa said...

Who needs coffee to keep you awake during the day when you can find one of THOSE babies on your back porch. heehee.

You are far braver than me. You should get a medal for that!

Miss Madras said...

I hate those snakes too. Wish they weren't in my neighborhood. I can take the rest of the wildlife, even the gators.

Miss Madras said...

oh, and thank you for listing me on the side bar.

Kristen Distler said...

Kara! Oh my gosh! That totally freaks me out! I am so scared of snakes! You are superwoman.

I hope you all are well! Sure do miss ya here on Cuchara!

Jaina said...

That's scary. I'd probably have been wildly throwing knives at it's head.

Maureen said...

You brave, brave woman. We had a snake two years ago... very similar. We called a friend to get it out of our yard because my husband sprinted out of the yard faster than Forrest Gump.