Friday, November 9, 2007

Update On Baby Chili Pepper - The Time Has Come...

The time has come...Acupuncture worked. I started noticing that my stomach was having regular surges (that I was not feeling any discomfort from!)...so to appease my husband, I made an appointment with the doctor's office. Guess what! I am between 4 - 5 cm open, over 80% thinned, and in active labor. The nurse practitioner that saw me cannot believe how calm I am...besides the fact that my sister and I were cracking jokes and talking about how she will be bring a nice glass of red wine to the recovery room for me!!!

I was told that I can go home long enough to get my stuff together and then I have to head to the hospital to check in and start getting my antibiotic IV. So, hopefully you all will be getting another update e-mail with photos (and a name).

And like I told David, my brother-in-law last night...Chili Pepper was kind enough to wait until the day after his birthday because she didn't want to share his day with him either!!! (Love ya Dave!)

Love to you all,

Kara & Miss Chili Pepper

P.S. Wouldn't you know that as I was calmly driving home, I get a phone call from Kyla's preschool. She is sick and I had to stop by and pick her up. They all came out to huge me and couldn't not believe that I am in active labor, walking around, smiling, and laughing! You have to love HypnoBirthing. Thank you so much Denby!

No comments: