Monday, March 31, 2008

Have You Ever Seen A Mom Do A Backflip Off The Bed...

without waking up the sleeping angels? Well, if you were in my bedroom about 5 minutes ago, you would have seen this amazing feat! My heart is still racing from the experience.

So, I am sitting in my big snugglie bed, minding my own business, reading my fave blogs while listening to HGTV and the sleeping sounds of my two snoozing sickly angels. Out of the corner of my eye, I see something run across my bed, making a bee-line towards my feet. Eeek! It is a horrible, nasty spider! Quick back flip and then I am off the bed and ready to do battle with the eight-legged freak! (Think bad martial arts stunts) The first thing I can grab is my phone and I am racing around the bed, trying to kill the deadly beast before it harms one of my babies! Well, several minutes later, the awful creature is nothing more than a greasy spot on my freshly made bed (see last post in regards to why my bed is freshly made), I am about ready to faint from the realization that I just took on one of my worst fears, and my sleeping beauties have not even stirred! Quite an accomplishment, if I don't say so myself.

As I try to get settled into bed again with a nice glass of cold milk and a piece of cake to get my energy levels back up...a towel covering the dreaded spot until the snoozing sweeties wake back up...the 4 month old wakes up and wants to nurse!

No rest for the weary...

9 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

There's so much I love, love, love, but I hate, hate, hate spiders! Fiercely!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. I hope you'll come again...you're always welcome.

I've enjoyed my visit here too.

Hugs!
Kat

Christine said...

Eeek! I can handle spiders in my vacant sewing room, but not on my bed! Ugh, so gross! But nice moves with the back flip :)

Melissa said...

spiders do not belong on beds, towel, near toilets, or on under pants. No no no!

Preppy Lizard said...

YIKES!!! Spiders in the bed not a good thing. I think I woudl have done more than a back flip!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I hate spiders too! Yuck!

Cynthia said...

OMG...I was freaking out for you! I was thinking "where is she that she has huge spiders on her bed?" Thank goodness it was just a spot:)

judy said...

Hi,
I am not afraid of much, but spiders freak me out.
I also wanted to thank you for your helpful links on susurrogacy I really appreciate your help
Judy

Sarah said...

I totally flipped out at dinner tonight, at my parent's house, because a LADY BUG landed on my hand. I nearly threw my full glass of reisling across the room (and what a waste THAT would have been!) That is what a big bug sissy I am. So you are, like, Lara Croft to me now!

The Adventures of Maverick & the Mrs. said...

If you had that on video, you would be a couple hundred thousand dollars richer. HILARIOUS!