Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Is It That Time Of Year? Or Is There Something In The Water?

It was one year ago yesterday that my youngest daughter made her growing presence known. After celebrating St. Patrick's Day with some family and friends, I developed what we thought was a really bad case of food poisoning...probably from the combination of blue cheese dressing on the salad and lots of vinegar on the Corned Beef. A combination like that has got to make anyone have an upset tummy.

When I was still feeling awful a week later, I made an appointment with my doctors office. Imagine my surprise when she told me I was pregnant! I guess it really should not of surprised us considering that we became pregnant with our oldest child while I was on the bc pill...so why would it be any different when I was on the bc ring!?!?



While I was thinking about all of these memories yesterday morning, I received a wonderful e-mail from a dear friend and former co-worker. She was excited to tell me that she was pregnant with her second baby. Her first is only 10 months old and we enjoyed being pregnant together at work...another buddy to share aches, pains, and cravings with!

This morning I get another e-mail from another former co-worker. She was also excited to tell me that she was pregnant with her first. She wanted to thank Bryleigh for bringing her good luck! The last time we saw each other, she held Bryleigh close and my sweet baby girl gave her good baby thoughts and rubbed against her belly.



So the question is? Is it just that time of year for babies to start growing? Is there something in the water? Or is the Luck Of The Irish with Bryleigh?

P.S. On a side note, these two announcements have also got me a bit freaked out. You know how good things happen in 3s...while I am suppose to go to the doctors tomorrow to try a more reliable form of bc. Before this can take place, I need to have a pregnancy test. Wouldn't it be just my luck...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hope you don't get "good" news at the Dr. tomorrow!

Cute pic, too!

The Adventures of Maverick & the Mrs. said...

HEAVENS TO BETSY! Let's hope it's not in the water! I definitely don't want to get preggers and have hubby deploy again! The dog is enough for me at the moment. :) Your little ones are just beautiful though, and I must admit, the more fun, sweet kids I'm around, the more I'm tempted to start a fam.

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

It is in the water here too! I am one of the ones that obviously drank it-Ha! Your kids are adorable! I am glad I found your blog. :)