Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Morning Update On Mr. O'Kara

Well, we just saw the Nurse Practitioner for the Cardiology Group and she is scheduling a Cardiac Cat-Scan for my husband. The test is suppose to let them know if he has any blockages. If all goes well, then hopefully he will be out of here around 5 or 6 pm.

His EKG results came back showing that his heart is doing well and the blood tests are also indicating that he has not / is not having a heart attack. This is great news.

Not sure if he will still have to take a Cardiac Stress test at this time, but if that does happen, then he will be admitted and that procedure will take about 2-days.

As of right now, the official status is that he is being monitored for 24 hours and has not been admitted.

And just between all of us in Blogworld...he is none too happy that he is still being "kept" at the hospital!

Thank you all so much for the comments and prayers. They really mean alot...

10 comments:

Tara R. said...

That is good news. My prayers are with your husband and family for continued recovery and good health.

Nessa said...

Sending more prayers and well wishes your way!

Unknown said...

I missed your first post! I so glad it's not a heart attack! I hope everything goes well for him. Men are the worst patients. Prayers for ya'll!

Elizabeth said...

Thinking of you and praying for you!

Laura said...

So glad he is in the hospital! It is the best place for him right now! I'm praying!

Surf Girl said...

You are in my prayers - I hope everything goes well with the CAT scan. I'll be thinking about you!

Coordination Queen said...

Being in the hospital really stinks. But being healthy and getting through this is more important. Hang in there.

Pregnantly Plump said...

Oh wow!! That is so scary! I'm glad it wasn't a heart attack and I hope that the news you're waiting to receive will be just as positive. I'll be praying for you guys.

Jill said...

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I've been checking in with you from time to time and just thought you'd taken a break. So sorry to hear your worrisome news. Please do keep us updated.

Sandra said...

Prayers and Hugs for you!